Our warranty policy
At Your PCMD, we value our customers and are about ensuring that we delivery a professional service to our clients at affordable prices. We have a 30 day warranty policy on hardware only. Services have a 2 day warranty. If within 2 days after our technician has completed their visit you experience the same technical issues as those that you first reported to us, or that the work carried out by our technician prevents you from using your computer, contact us for a return visit and we'll provide the 1st hour for FREE. If diagnostic and fixes take longer, normal billing rates apply after 1 hour.
terms and conditions
- Due to the volatile nature of computer repairs, Your PCMD is not responsible for ANY LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA or SOFTWARE before, during or after servicing.
- If you have been advised that you require software &/or hardware to ensure that the issue does not reoccur and you have choosen not to act on this advice, we cannot be held accountable should the issue reoccur.
- If we are unable to provide you with the services we were contracted to provide to you, we will not charge you for those services in respect of that problem.
- If during the visit our technician advises you that in order for us to complete those services you need to upgrade or replace your software &/or hardware you choose not to do so, you acknowledge that we will be deemed to have provided those services, regardless of whether or not you choose to implement the recommended solution.
- If you choose to not implement your technicians recommended solution, you may forfeit your right to other services which were to be provided by us.
- If the services we provide to you are not performed to a satisfactory standard, and as a result the problem persists or returns, we will work to provide a solution at no additional cost to you. However, this will not include us compensating you for any other fees paid by you to another service provider hired by you for the same purpose.
- You acknowledge that we will not assume responsibility for any pre-existing damage to your property which causes or contributes to our services not resolving the issue for which we were hired to correct.
- When we sell you equipment, hardware or software, we may be selling such equipment, hardware or software on behalf of a third party manufacturer or licensor. We do not warrant that the operation of any software or hardware we install or service will be uninterrupted or error free.
- You acknowledge that software (and information technology and communications products generally), including your software, may have errors and may encounter unexpected problems, and accordingly, you may experience downtime and errors in the use of software. You also acknowledge that your use of such software may be subject to a third party licence.
What we do not guarantee
- Diagnosis fees are not covered under the guarantee. In other words, if we complete a diagnosis of your device and you choose not to repair it, you are not entitled to a refund for the diagnosis service. If we however fail to repair your computer subsequent to our diagnosis and repair, you will receive a full refund including any diagnosis fee paid.
- We do not guarantee separate issues that may occur within your warranty period, for example, if you call us for virus removal but 1 week later you are unable to access the internet THIS WOULD BE CONSIDERED A NEW ISSUE! Our technicians always verifies internet connectivity before leaving a job site and we cannot be responsible if you lose internet connectivity.
- If a new issue occurs. As should be known, computers are very complicated machines and files can become corrupt or hardware can fail at any time, without warning, for any number of reasons. We are not responsible for any new issues that may come up since we last serviced your computer.
- Hardware Setup and Wireless Networking. We will install and configure any hardware (printers, wireless routers, ipods, monitor, new computer, etc) you have, however, if something goes wrong either due to hardware failure, end-user error, or glitch, we cannot not be held responsible. When setting up said hardware or installing software we guarantee to setup hardware properly and professionally, the customer will have the opportunity to make sure everything is to their satisfaction and working before the technician leaves on the same date of initial install. The most common issue is wireless routers seemly not working properly, easiest fix is unplugging both the modem and the router, then plugging in the modem first and waiting a few minutes, then plugging the router in until the router syncs. Hardware that you actually purchase from us such as wireless routers, computers, etc, are covered under a 30 day manufacturer warranty. Your PCMD does not build actual hardware, we purchase from different manufacturers, so their warranty is applied as our own, and because we are a reseller, that time frame is 30 days.
- Unlicensed &/or Pirated Software: We will not reinstall or warrant any software which has been identified by our technician or the system/software manufacturer as having unlicensed, illegal or pirated software.
Our virus removal guarantee
- We guarantee that we will remove all active viruses from you computer. We DO NOT guarantee that you will not get a new virus. If you suspect that the same virus is still in your computer, call us and we will dispatch a technician to inspect your computer. Every file on a computer has a time and date of when it was created or modified. If that date and time was after our initial visit, the service will not be covered and you will be charged full price for removal. If however, the file is dated on or before our initial visit - indicating a virus we missed - removal will be free of charge.
- If we remove any virus' from your system and you are satisfied upon completion of the service, the sale is final. A refund cannot be awarded if you have virus' removed, and subsequently re-infect your system at any time after service completion. We are not responsible for your systems protection or for a users behavior subsequent to the removal of any virus'.
Something stopped working
- If after the completion of services on your computer you notice a program no longer works correctly but did work correctly before we arrived, there are two parts to this warranty.
- You must have used the application within 24 hours prior to our initial visit, if you haven't used the program for several days or weeks, we can not be held accountable since there are too many factors that can lead to the loss of the applications use.
- The application must not work on it's first attempt. For example, if the application works fine for several hours after our visit but suddenly stops working, that is considered a new issue and is not covered.
Generally, our warranty is IF THE SAME PROBLEM REOCCURS, WE'LL FIX IT FOR FREE! They key is SAME PROBLEM. Sometimes symptoms can look very similar or exactly the same for different problems or issues. However, most of the time the computer records error codes that will enable us to distinguish whether or not it was indeed the same problem re-occurring, or whether it's a new issue causing the same symptoms.
Your PCMD and its technicians are not responsible for virus &/or malware re-infections, liquid damage, power damage, misuse, or any other damage not resulting in the actual contracted service work performed by Your PCMD. Your PCMD will not be responsible for viruses, malware or other computer hardware or software failures that occurred subsequent to any contracted service work. Please review our full Terms & Conditions.